I wrote these words on the chalkboard, "NERD PICTURES TOMORROW!" And this is how they came to school the next day...
Sunday, September 26, 2010
2. We rode bikes for longer than two hours on Saturday.
3. I wore a dress to church that I haven't fit into since two thousand and seven (thank you, p90x!)
4. I spent a large amount of time wondering if I am too old to wear my hair in two braids.
5. I realized that my kids are obsessed with silly bands.
6. I successfully did twenty jumping jacks without a single trickle of pee (thank you, p90x!)
7. Million Dollar Baby is a sad, sad movie.
8. Pumpkin Spice ice cream cones are very necessary (pumpkin spice anything, actually.)
9. Charlie and I talked for a long time about opening a donut shop.
10. We laughed because Charlie had to tell Stella Belle to "get her foot off of her corn on the cob."
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
It's called P90X. You've heard of it? Good. It is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. Ever. We wake up at 5:30 am for our hour and a half workout. We eat chicken and egg whites and cucumbers and... well... o yes, water. Today is day 45... half way there (insert intro to "livin on a prayer" by Bon Jovi). Charlie's one and only birthday wish was that we would do P90X together. If he wasn't so darn adorable I might've said no. Here's what I hate about it... 1. no mexican food. 2.waking up at 5:30am 3.the guy on the video thinks he's funny. Here's what I love about it... 1.My jeans are too big. Happy healthy living!
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Step 1: Draw your design on the dull side of freezer paper (i repeat.. the dull side of FREEZER PAPER. make sure the box says freezer paper. o.k. lets move on) The dull side will not feel slick like the shiny side. After you draw your design, cut it out with scissors or an exacto knife or pocket knife etc. Be careful while cutting. Your design/stencil should look like this...
Step 2: Iron the shiny side (i reapeat... SHINY SIDE) directly onto the shirt and/or clothing that you wish to embellish. Make sure you iron over it several times to ensure that all cuts and openings are secure...
Step 5: Let dry for two hours or more. Finally, iron your shirt (INSIDE OUT) one more time to set the paint. Once the paint is set, it should not wash out.
This is so much less expensive and waaaay more hip than taking your clothes to a screenprinting shop! And who wouldn't want to look super hip on her first field trip of the school year?
Monday, September 6, 2010
Did I mention? We love road trips. So we couldn't pass up a quick trip to Fernandina Beach during this dreamy three-day weekend. We went to every book store and toy store and coffee shop. We played on a playground for one hour. We took pictures of the kids next to every pirate and art display and street musician. We listened to Randy Travis on the radio... really loudly.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
My students were feeling defeated earlier this week after a disastrous math test, so we took a while to learn how to crochet. It was nice to see looks of accomplishment and confidence on their faces. Hope your Saturday is breezy and productive!